one kick ass announcement



You ever had that moment in your life when you KNEW that you had to make a CHANGE? *I really want to break out into MJ's "Man In the Mirror" right about now*

Last week I came to a beautiful, wonderful, amazingly simple decision.  I decided to make a major change in the way I do business and the way I live life.  For years, I've been working on being an entrepreneur and doing things my way.  I've gone from being a mom, to a photographer, to now a designer and blogger (well, I've been blogging for years but never found my stride with it).  So many things have been in transition for me, with simplicity being at the root of it all.

For a few months, I've been following several blogs rather passively.  Blogs on design and lifestyle photography.  Picking up inspiration and learning what I could use in my work and ways to hone in on my craft.  In my pursuit of knowledge, I came across Lara Casey.  Lara resides up the street (not literally but close enough) from me and does amazing work with her brand on all things southern.  The one thing that caught my eye the most though, were her goal sheets.  I'd had mine for a while and decided to start working more in-depth with them last week.  I had been so passive....

That's until I came across two exercises in particular that broke me down and woke me up to some truths about myself and what I've known but not accepted for quite a while.  The things I've gone through in life, the steps I've taken as a business owner, the blogs I've read over and the journey as a creative have brought me to this moment in time.  This moment of simplicity.

When I named this blog Simply Sabrena, I did so because it was kind of catchy.  I didn't realize it would be so foretelling of who and what I truly am and how I want to live my life.  So, I've made some major decisions.  Some of which you won't know for some time, but I hope you'll stick around to find out about over the next year.  My first major decision and HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT (cue the drums) I've been talking about over the last week over on facebook, is......

I am officially CLOSING Sabrena Robinson Portraits and I will NOT be launching The SR Collective.  Go ahead, GASP! CRY! SHOUT OUT IN PAIN!  lol

I decided to be true to myself and my life I'm geared towards living.... one of simplicity.  Because this blog has been at the heart of a lot of plans I've been having, I decided to make this my home for photography, design, branding, teaching and life.  It's basically.... Simply Sabrena.  :)

What does this change mean?  Will I still be doing photography? How about design?  I know..... SOOO many questions are running through your mind! (insert sarcasm lol)

It simply means that I'll no longer have a formal business in the way it was.  I'll now take on projects and freelance work.  I'll still be taking on photography sessions and branding work, it just will be as a freelance creative.  Does that mean things won't be professional?  Quite the opposite!  It means I can FOCUS on ONE direction in my brand and how I work.  I won't feel or be so all over the place.  I will simply be me!  I'll do things that feel organic to who I am.  I'll be able to work more freely than by some standard I've set up in my psyche about what having a "business" means.

What this also means, is I'll get to start working on something I've been digging deep to do for some time.  Designing stuff for kick ass gals!  Right now, my etsy shop focuses a lot on business types of things, but it too, will change.  If you're kick ass female, you'll love what's coming!

Why this direction outside of freelance work?  Quite frankly because I want to create things I love and that are very much who I am.  I'm lucky to get that with my photography and branding clients because I like to tailor things to them specifically.  I want to have something I can look at and laugh about, give a high five to and say HOT DAMN when it's all over and not worry how "professional" it comes off.

So welcome to my new home on the internet highway.  My all-in-one stop for those things I love and love to do.  My passion will reside here and it will be very clear who and what I am.  It feels so damn good even writing this!

Thank you to everyone who has supported me thus far and for those who will come along for the ride.  I don't make promises, however, I will say.... You won't be sorry you did!

Welcome friends.....

xoxo,
Sabrena

14 comments:

  1. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Do it chica, Im behind you 100%!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on making a change for yourself! It's usually those moments of huge change that are the scariest but light the fire under our butts and inspire us immensely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn, let's just say my ass is on FIYAHHHHHHHHHH! :) Thanks for stopping by chica! :)

      Delete
  3. awesome!!! i truly feel that it is crazy important to follow your heart. we only get this one life. "I won't feel or be so all over the place. I will simply be me! I'll do things that feel organic to who I am. I'll be able to work more freely than by some standard I've set up in my psyche about what having a "business" means." just perfect. how freeing!!! best to you on this new venture!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sarah! And kudos to you for actually reading this long post! lol :)

      Delete
  4. So excited for you Soror!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations on refocusing your goals! so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jes! Get ready for a good ride!!!! :)

      Delete
  6. Congratulations for having the guts to take that decision! Have faith in your own abilities and things will work out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so appreciate that Liesbeth! I'm doing my best to do things my way and be happier as well! ;-)

    ReplyDelete